The Crooked Truth

A 28 year old woman battles it out with an adversary from her past. How will this battle end? Will the woman become bent over in defeat or transform into part machine in order to finally beat her foe?

Name:
Location: Charleston, SC

I am married with no children. My husband and I have 3 cats, one of whom thinks she's a dog. I work full-time and attend school in the evening for an MBA degree.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

We finally have Internet access!

Hence the reason for the lack of posting. That and the fact that I've been wanting to do the actual posting for some time. I think you would get more information out of Jonathan, as I will tire very quickly, but tough luck. I hope my recovery has been going well. It's hard to tell as I have no comparison, but I at least don't think its been negative. I've had a couple of very difficult nights/afternoons, but I imagine that's normal, and they did follow some outings - I joined my family for breakfast downtown and on another day I went to Walmart with Jonathan to get a wireless router...so I could blog! I learned a valuable lesson that trip too...take your walker. I brought mine and it kept the chaotic Walmart crowds from bumping into me and even got some of them out of my way. Turned out I needed it anyway towards the end of our 15 minute journey just from shear exhaustion.

Otherwise things seem to be good. It was great having my whole family here and I was sad when some of them had to leave. Mom stayed on and has been a Godsend. If not for her, all I'd be eating is gummy bears from off the floor as I am sure that's where I would have ended up. Mom leaves tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it, but maybe it will be good for me since I will have to start relying on myself more.

I still cannot sit up for long periods and am usually found lying down on my couch or on our borrowed recliner. I don't mind too much...my view is good from both spots. I can see outside, I can see the TV, and most importantly I can see all of the "Get Well" and "Thinking of You" cards I have received. They help keep me strong in my worst of moments so thank you to all of you.

I'm tiring out now. These muscles aren't used to being used. Hopefully you'll hear from one of us sooner rather than later.

Jennifer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home