The Crooked Truth

A 28 year old woman battles it out with an adversary from her past. How will this battle end? Will the woman become bent over in defeat or transform into part machine in order to finally beat her foe?

Name:
Location: Charleston, SC

I am married with no children. My husband and I have 3 cats, one of whom thinks she's a dog. I work full-time and attend school in the evening for an MBA degree.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Last Hurdle Cleared!

So long as I stave off any and all colds, my surgery is a Go for January 12th. I had some concerns that it may be canceled due to some heart palpitations I had been having, but I received clearance for surgery from my cardiologist yesterday. I also received a few weeks worth of Beta Blockers to start taking once I am back in Charleston after the surgery. As it turns out, I've become mildly anemic, and that can cause a very quick heartbeat. The Beta Blocker dosage he gave me is tiny, 25mg, and should just help to slow my heartbeat and allow me to be more comfortable during much of the day. We'll see how it goes, I have to meet back with him in 7 weeks. In addition, I was only able to give 2/3 units of blood. My father just donated the last unit yesterday for me. Thanks Dad! Work is keeping me insanely busy as well. No surprise considering I will be out for 3 months.

I honestly thought that the last 2 weeks before I left for St. Louis would be smooth sailing. That everything relating to the surgery would be completed long beforehand. Unfortunately that has not been the case. Instead it's been one thing after another. It all started with Wheel of Fortune, come to think of it! I thought it had ended with clearance from the cardiologist (imagine not knowing whether or not you were going to have life-changing surgery 1 week before the day!). However, yesterday I came to learn I needed a "Spine Kit" and that my surgeon needed my xrays. It's all worked out now, but talk about cutting it close (haha).

Though we will be hitting the ground running once we arrive in St. Louis, we are going to spend two nights at a nice B&B in town (http://www.parkavenuemansion.com/tour.htm). Why not try to sleep well while I can? I look forward to having someone else cook me a great breakfast in a beautiful city mansion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home