The Crooked Truth

A 28 year old woman battles it out with an adversary from her past. How will this battle end? Will the woman become bent over in defeat or transform into part machine in order to finally beat her foe?

Name:
Location: Charleston, SC

I am married with no children. My husband and I have 3 cats, one of whom thinks she's a dog. I work full-time and attend school in the evening for an MBA degree.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Thankful for the Pain

I've been watching/reading a scoliosis forum for the past year. It was/is a great reference source for me. I read about people's experiences with either upcoming surgeries or the post-op experiences. Most individuals were always scared about the surgery but knew it would make their life better. And those going through the post-op were miserable but getting better day by day and never regretted their decisions.

Today I hopped on the site again just to check it out. However miserable i have been feeling lately, I was reminded again of just how lucky I am to be experiencing this pain. As it turns out, one of the scoliosis forum contributors was scheduled for surgery in Texas on Feb. 8. She was 30, married with 3 children. Unfortunately something went horribly wrong during the surgery and she passed away. I can't imagine what her family is going through right now.

All of us know the risks when we go in, but we cross our fingers and hope/pray that we don't become one of the statistics. My heart goes out to this young woman's family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home