The Crooked Truth

A 28 year old woman battles it out with an adversary from her past. How will this battle end? Will the woman become bent over in defeat or transform into part machine in order to finally beat her foe?

Name:
Location: Charleston, SC

I am married with no children. My husband and I have 3 cats, one of whom thinks she's a dog. I work full-time and attend school in the evening for an MBA degree.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Out and About...just barely

Well I forced to spend several hours out of the house on Friday in order to have x-rays taken for my upcoming post-op appointment on Tuesday. I was shocked out how long it took. Normally when I have gone to the hospital for such x-rays, I'm out in about half an hour. But of course, the time when I am in the most pain I am forced to sit around for 2 hours. I was begging them for a place to lie down and the tears weren't helping my cause. At least one gentleman there offered me some cold water which helped the dizziness I was feeling. When we finally received the x-rays from radiology, we showed the gentleman and the other person he was working with, the x-rays so that they could understand better why I was in so much pain and having trouble sitting for so long.

Having the x-rays taken was amusing as well. When setting up the focus on my spine for the x-ray, the technician asked me how severe my scoliosis was. I told him its not severe anymore. When he came back with the x-ray he was in awe and shock. Apparently they aren't used to seeing x-rays such as mine. Well, that is part of the reason I choose the surgeon I did...his technique is more radical in that he manipulates every vertebrate, but in doing so there is less over all trauma to the body as no ribs need to be removed.

A quick glance of the new x-rays look okay...seems no screws have popped out of place, but we'll see what the orthopedic surgeon here has to say on Tuesday. Then he will ship off his notes and the x-rays to Dr. Lenke in St. Louis and we'll learn what he says.

I went out again yesterday. This time to Costco. I only made it halfway through the warehouse. The couches looked too inviting for my tired body. So I stayed there until we were ready to leave. On a positive note though we found a lovely red leather computer bag on wheels...something I know I will need once I return, and I did want one with some classy character (the lovely red leather) rather than a standard black cloth bag.

I still can't imagine being able to stay out for 9+ hours for a work day but that is a ways off. Mom seems really impressed with my improvements that occurred just in the 3 weeks she was away. I still think I have a long slow road ahead of me, and again I appreciate all the support everyone is giving me, even just by reading my blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ms. ruff would probably give that post a B+.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the scar show from the front? Turn around!

Brent

6:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I just found out about this site or I would have posted you a note sooner. I realize your fustration because you are so used to getting around however you want...but what a miracle! I look at your x-rays and look at what he did...the fact that you get around at all is great for something so invasive! It sounds like you are doing well - take it easy on yourself...they give you general timelines - everyone is different sounds like you are healing and doing great and I am so glad to hear it!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Zeke said...

It was nice to see you yesterday. You looked a lot better than I thought you would (taller and skinnier). Keep up the recovery!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home