The Crooked Truth

A 28 year old woman battles it out with an adversary from her past. How will this battle end? Will the woman become bent over in defeat or transform into part machine in order to finally beat her foe?

Name:
Location: Charleston, SC

I am married with no children. My husband and I have 3 cats, one of whom thinks she's a dog. I work full-time and attend school in the evening for an MBA degree.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Past Couple of Weeks

Well its been a while since I last posted something. Long enough that I even had to read my blog to see where I had left off. Sorry for inconvenience of having to check the site only to find nothing. I guess I've been busy...which is good.

Let's see...so what has happened during the past couple of weeks:

My mother was here for a week and a half which was wonderful. Again, it was a huge help to Jonathan and myself, and it was nice being able to go out nearly every day. Mom would take me to the grocery store or lunch or to the Doctors. It was nice to get out even if it was tiring. Since she has left I've been stuck in the house while Jonathan is at school.

I also had a 6-week check up with my local orthopedic doctor. He was impressed with everything Dr. Lenke did. He still wants me to take it slow and said I shouldn't go back to work until mid-April (still trying to work this out with the disability people, yet another headache). He also prescribed me a stronger medication which doesn't make me loopy or slur my words. This is key because it has enabled me to go out with my mom, and since then, to read and to try to study. I will be going back for another checkup mid-April.

I have also practiced driving. First I just went around the loop in our neighborhood. More recently though I drove 20 minutes to our Costco (always with Jonathan of course). This longer drive really hurt me and I couldn't do any more, so Jonathan had to take over. Slowly but surely, I hope.

Around the house I have been walking up to 2 miles (I can now go a mile at a time), reading, watching tv, and trying to study for my upcoming classes. I have just registered for Summer I, Summer II, and Fall. I'm not sure I'll be able to manage the Summer I class, but I should be able to handle Summer II. Especially if I can get some of the studying done now for the class. Though it is hard to study. I've tried sitting at a desk or table to do so, but I can't last more than 15 minutes, and studying in the recliner is hard too. This causes me concern for when I return to work.

I've decided to start back at work at 30 hours a week versus full time. My boss agrees with this decision. Hopefully that will only be needed for a month or so and then I'll go full time again. I do not want to hurt myself more so I think this is the smartest thing to do.

Well, I guess that is the past two weeks in a nutshell. I will try to do better to update this site more frequently.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you are taking it slow. I should have done 30 hours at first. Can't wait to see you next week!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home