The Crooked Truth

A 28 year old woman battles it out with an adversary from her past. How will this battle end? Will the woman become bent over in defeat or transform into part machine in order to finally beat her foe?

Name:
Location: Charleston, SC

I am married with no children. My husband and I have 3 cats, one of whom thinks she's a dog. I work full-time and attend school in the evening for an MBA degree.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

To Be or Not To Be in Pain?

That is the question. Last week my strong narcotic prescription ran out. My local orthopedic surgeon then gave me the choice to either stay on the same narcotic or much to something a bit softer (that being vicodin). I thought the smarter choice would be to move on to the vicodin. Unfortunately, my bones did not agree. I stuck with the vicodin for a week, but that entire time, I was in so much pain. On the one hand it was comforting to know that the strong narcotic I had been taking previously was doing it's job, on the other hand, it was frustrating to realize my level of pain was still too high to move on to the vicodin. The entire week I could barely move. I felt as if I had just regressed 4+ weeks. I couldn't walk well, I could barely even get up from lying down. And so much for practicing my driving! I spoke to the doctor's office on Friday and told them of my pain. The nurse suggested taking two pills at a time rather than one and that if that didn't work over the weekend to call back on Monday. Even taking two at a time barely worked. I'd say that for about an hour and a half I felt good - my pain was diminished. But then it returned. So yesterday (Monday) the doctor gave me a prescription for my stronger pain pill. I start taking it today. I look forward to being able to continue my recovery - walking and driving.

What's even more worrisome is that there is a chance I might have to start work on Friday. Though my doctor's are requesting that I continue to recover at home through the 3 month mark, my disability insurance has me returning to work on Friday. The doctor's request is still "pending" but obviously I am running out of time. Hopefully the insurance company will make their decision today in the positive regarding my doctor's requests for full recovery. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but as you can imagine I'm a nervous wreck. Imagine being told I have to go back to work by my insurance company, when I still can't even drive to work! And you'd think the doctor's opinion would have more weight. That's certainly hope logic rules in this case.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey J&J,

thanks for the updates:-) give me a call when you can.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home