The Crooked Truth

A 28 year old woman battles it out with an adversary from her past. How will this battle end? Will the woman become bent over in defeat or transform into part machine in order to finally beat her foe?

Name:
Location: Charleston, SC

I am married with no children. My husband and I have 3 cats, one of whom thinks she's a dog. I work full-time and attend school in the evening for an MBA degree.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Ouch^10

For about the past 5 days my upper back has been in a lot of pain. So much so that the heavy narcotics and other medicines are barely making a dent in the pain I feel. Every move I make hurts, even trying to do something as mundane as blow my nose. I can no longer bend my neck down, and I need Jonathan's help to get off the couch and out of bed--tasks I have been able to perform on my own for a month now. Since the pain isn't getting any better, I've been starting to worry more. I hope that at the doctor's appointment tomorrow the surgeon might have some answers. At the very least an xray might ease my concerns. Jonathan did make a very good point this weekend regarding the pain I am experiencing. The pain seems to be associated with my back muscles. Last week I was pretty sick and that including a fair bit of vomiting. Jonathan suggests that perhaps I strained a back muscle when I was sick. Sounds pretty logical to me since that is about when all of this started. Unfortunately I am supposed to go back to work next week, and with this pain I can't even drive much less work for a full day. Over the past weekend Jonathan and I did go to a friend's 30th birthday dinner. I didn't want to miss it since it only comes once a lifetime, so I sucked it (as well as a pill) up and went. We enjoyed it, but I was in a lot of pain the entire time, and had to leave somewhat early. Hopefully it will resolve itself. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home