The Crooked Truth

A 28 year old woman battles it out with an adversary from her past. How will this battle end? Will the woman become bent over in defeat or transform into part machine in order to finally beat her foe?

Name:
Location: Charleston, SC

I am married with no children. My husband and I have 3 cats, one of whom thinks she's a dog. I work full-time and attend school in the evening for an MBA degree.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho...

it's off to work I go.

Today was my first day back at work after recovering from surgery. I'm starting back slowly, working only 30 hours per week to start. Once I can handle that without much trouble I'll move back to full time. My work is allowing me to telecommute while I build my stamina back up. I'll still be going to the office, as I did today, but I cannot yet stay in the upright position for an entire work day, even at 6 hours per day. Today I made it 4 hours at work. On top of that, I drove the 35 minutes to work. Jonathan had to drive me home though - my back was aching incredibly. The remain 2 hours of work I have completed laying down with my laptop on my lap. Thank goodness for laptops and wireless internet connections! Once I get a better grasp on what needs to be caught up on at work and what all of my new responsibilities are, I will be able to spend a bit more time working independently, from home. I'll set up a desk here to work at. That way I can practice sitting up working for lengths at a time, but be able to rest my back as needed. I'm not sure what they would think if they found me lying down on the floor at work, so this option probably is best for the meantime.

I was originally supposed to return to work earlier. However, my disability had to be extended due to an unfortunate regression in my recovery. The doctor thinks that I might have pulled a back muscle a couple of weeks ago when I was sick. And on top of that, some of my nerves might have been healing, thus heightening the pain I was experiencing. The doctor prescribed rest to help heal my muscle. At the worst point, I could not even perform the simple task of blowing my nose! It's amazing what muscles are affected - muscles you didn't even knew you had! Also, for about 5 days, every time I took a breathe, it felt as though my heart was being stabbed by a knife. Not fun. Thankfully that sensation finally passed; at points I thought it never would.

Today, the pains I feel are limited to extreme muscle aches/spasms. Hopefully those will subside with time, and with practice using those muscles at work. This road to recovery is long, but at least I'm recovering.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey, where are the updates? just kidding...whenever you can is fine. i'm finishing up the 1st year and am definitely ready for a break. take care:-)

Clint

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home