The Crooked Truth

A 28 year old woman battles it out with an adversary from her past. How will this battle end? Will the woman become bent over in defeat or transform into part machine in order to finally beat her foe?

Name:
Location: Charleston, SC

I am married with no children. My husband and I have 3 cats, one of whom thinks she's a dog. I work full-time and attend school in the evening for an MBA degree.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

6-Month Follow-up

My husband and I returned last night from our 2-day, 1-night escapade to St. Louis for my 6-month follow-up visit with Dr. Lenke. Sure was a lot of hoopla for a 15 minute (if that) appointment. What made it worse was that every one of our 4 flight legs was either canceled or delayed, or both! Thankfully what Dr. Lenke had to say was far more positive than the rest of our trip.

Dr. Lenke liked what he saw in my x-rays. He even said I could ride rollercoasters if I wanted. What I think he meant was that my spine is pretty solid at this point. I doubt my body could handle a rollercoaster even if my spine can. Dr. Lenke also gave me the go-ahead to start water therapy. I am hoping the water therapy will help loosen up some of my stiffness and begin to rebuild my back muscles. Perhaps after the water therapy I'll move on to physical therapy? I guess it all depends on how I'm feeling.

I will be seeing Dr. Lenke again for a 1-year post-op follow-up, so that would be mid-January. It's hard to believe 6 months have nearly passed since the operation. Considering everything, I'd say I feel pretty good and am recovering nicely, especially when I think back to how I was the first couple of months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home