The Crooked Truth

A 28 year old woman battles it out with an adversary from her past. How will this battle end? Will the woman become bent over in defeat or transform into part machine in order to finally beat her foe?

Name:
Location: Charleston, SC

I am married with no children. My husband and I have 3 cats, one of whom thinks she's a dog. I work full-time and attend school in the evening for an MBA degree.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Back Continues to Get Stronger

I am now able to stay at work for a full 8 hours, and still make it to class in the evening. Granted, I can’t do this everyday, but I am putting in longer and longer days at the office. A 40-hour work week is just within my reach. My goal is to be at that by July 1. I almost had a major setback due to equipment. Since my return to work I have been sitting in this incredible chair (not great comfort-wise, but great for my back). It enables me to sit at my desk for longer periods of time with less pain than other chairs. I thought work was going to purchase it but that fell through. Thankfully, within days of that happening, my disability insurance re-evaluated my case and determined that this chair is a necessity for me to return to a 40-hour work week, and as such, the insurance company is purchasing the chair for me. This is great! The chair is mine, mine, mine! ;-)

And speaking of chairs, I just bought 4 new ones for my own use – see the photos below!







Though my previous car was great to me and still had life in it, Jonathan and I decided to move on to the G35 Coupe. The primary reason being the seats are comfortable for me to sit in without stuffing a pillow behind me. My old G20 seats were well-broken in and comfy, but the seatback and headrest were angled so that my new straight and taller torso did not fit in it without a pillow behind my upper back. It became very aggravating. I think too that Jonathan and I were tired of dealing with medical issues and medical trips and wanted to do something for ourselves that we would enjoy daily. And we do!

Next week Jonathan and I will be traveling to St. Louis for my 6-month follow-up with Dr. Lenke. I am looking forward to what he has to say. I am also curious how I will handle the flights and layovers – I intend to bring several pillows/cushions with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Congrats on the car. Glad to see how the progress is going. Good luck in St. Louis.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Zeke said...

Wow, who took those pics? He has an eye!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home